torstai 24. syyskuuta 2009

RetroEnter Presents: Spiderweb

In this first post, I want point out a living legend: the founder of Spiderweb.
Pay homage and bow down before the Great. Jeff Vogel is a gaming demi-god.

In my eyes, he is a big part of reviving the oldschool RPGs into modern standards. That is invaluable for the gaming business. Oh, and when I say modern standards, I don't mean amazing graphics. I think that if you are reading this blog you probably don't have an obsession with graphics. Let us all dream about modern games with the content, not with the overrated appearance.
Just don't get me wrong, in my eyes Jeff Vogel's games are beautiful to the outside, as well.

Anyway, back to Spiderweb. If you have a thing for Ultima-like RPGs or any good RPGs in general, you oughta check out the Exile -series, and Avernum too (that kind of comes with it). Actually you should check every freaking thing that Jeff Vogel has touched. I might sound like a fanboy, but it just is so true.
I just love the way he builds the game. The world is always packed with all sorts of sidequests, along with the ingenious plot. It doesn't get boring, when the NPCs have personalities and things to say. All the hints you get are really worth it. Nothing is explained too much, just the way it should be.
Support this great man. The games are very reasonably priced and buying them is easy.

0 comments:

Lähetä kommentti